Camping is a great way to get away from the daily grind and reconnect with nature. But what makes it even more fun is when you have the best camping gear to take along with you on your trip. There are so many fantastic products on the market now. Technology is allowing companies to release gear that makes camping easier and more efficient every day.
What Is the Best Camping Gear?
Image source: Unsplash
Camping has evolved from just having a canvas tent and heading to the great outdoors to utilizing high-tech fabric tents that allow you to camp in any weather condition. To find the latest and greatest camping gear, you can check outdoor magazines, go to sporting goods stores, or ask your friends for recommendations on what the best camping gear is on the market. We have compiled a list for you that we are sure will touch on something you will enjoy on your next adventure.
What Can You Expect from the Best Camping Gear?
The best camping gear will make your trip more efficient and fun. Some items are used for survival, while others will make your outdoor experience a little more enjoyable. There are packable tents and some that are large enough to fit the entire family.
Where Can You Buy the Best Camping Gear?
You can buy the best camping gear at sporting goods stores or online.
How We Reviewed
Image source: Unsplash
The following best camping gear products were reviewed and based on the following parameters: features, pros & cons, price, where to buy, and warranty. We invested time and effort on researching different models of these types of products in order to provide a “best of” list.
Overall Price Range of the Best Camping Gear and Similar Products
The price of the best camping gear we reviewed ranges from $3 to $220. Some higher-priced items are more expensive because of their function, the materials used, or the technology required to create them. A lower-priced item may not contain these components.
What We Reviewed
- CORE 9-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Coleman 8-Person Tent
- Wacaco Minipresso
- Ozark Trail 4-Person Dome Tent
- Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Kit
- Gear Aid Tenacious Tape
- TOURIT 30 Cans Leak-Proof Soft Pack Cooler
- Therm-a-Rest Ultralite Cot
- Thermacell MR150 Portable Mosquito Repeller
- Intex Prestige Downy Airbed
CORE 9-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Instant 60 Second Setup; Sleeps 9 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height:78
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vent
- Features room divider and wall storage pockets keep items neat and off the tent floor
This 14 x 9 foot tent sleeps nine. It offers advanced venting that draws cool air from the ground and allows hot air to escape from the mesh ceiling. You can remove the rainfly to enjoy viewing the stars in the evenings through the large mesh ceiling panels. Extra-wide tape seals the rainfly material, keeping rain and wind out. It fits two queen-size air mattresses and has an electrical cord access port.
- Sets up in 60 seconds
- Poles are pre-attached
- H20 Block Technology is water-repellent
- Zippered privacy panels
- Room divider creates a two-room tent
- 35.1 pounds
- Complaints of rear seam ripping when setting up
- Pole split when setting up
1-year limited warranty
Coleman 8-Person Tent
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size airbeds
- Sets up in 1 minute in 3 easy steps
- WeatherTec system with patented corner welds and inverted seams keeps water out
This product is included in our best camping gear list because it is spacious enough to have room for two queen-size air beds. It can be set up in one minute, and the WeatherTec system, with inverted seams and patented welded floor, will keep you dry. The Polyguard 2X fabric is double-thick for long-lasting, durable use.
- Sets up in 3 easy steps
- Measures 14 x 10 feet and 6.7 foot center height
- Poles were manufactured with defects
- Complaints of plastic joints breaking
- No battery/electricity need. Manual operation only! Compact, lightweight and versatile,...
- Need to add the boiling water! Minipresso GR is your best choice to enjoy up to 50 ml of...
- Simple to operate! Add ground coffee to the filter basket with the help of the integrated...
No need to forgo your espresso just because you’re camping! This product makes the list of best camping gear because it allows you to enjoy an espresso wherever you go. It’s sturdy, lightweight, and compact. Innovative and simple to use, just add ground coffee to the filter basket, apply pressure to level the grind, and add hot water. Pumping it a few times will pressurize it and extract the coffee. Enjoy!
- Can use any coffee
- Weighs 0.8 ounces
- Built-in espresso cup and scoop
- Unable to tightly screw bottom on
30-day limited warranty
Ozark Trail 4-Person Dome Tent
- Sleeps 4
- Full coverage fly provides maximum weather protection
- Unique European design with extra large vestibule for gear storage
The full-coverage rainfly on this tent offers maximum weather protection. The European design creates an extra large vestibule for storing your gear, and cross-ventilation is achieved with the zip-open fly construction. Also, there are front and rear exits, making access easy.
- Measures 8 x 8 feet and 52 inches at center height
- Sleeps 4
- Cheaply made
- Too small
Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Kit
- 16 essential tools in a zippered, waterproof bag that is easily packed
- Contains Clutch multi-tool, mini light, hand saw, signaling mirror, survival blanket, fire...
- Land to air rescue instructions
This 16-piece kit is the only one of its kind on our list of the best camping gear. It fits in your backpack and is made for hostile environments. It contains rescue instructions, a pocket survival guide, sewing kit, fishing kit, waxed thread, an emergency cord, snare wire, cotton ball, fire tinder, waterproof matches, fire starter, a survival blanket, a signaling mirror, a handsaw, a miniature light, and a multi-tool in a nylon pouch.
This survival kit offers you everything you need to stay safe and keep you alive until you can rescue yourself or be rescued. The multi-tool is made with stainless steel and weather-resistant components and includes tweezers, a bottle opener, a lanyard ring, small and medium flathead screwdrivers, a Philipps head screwdriver, serrated and fine edged knives, wire cutters, and needle-nosed pliers.
For added peace of mind, the kit comes with instructions for land-to-air rescue and SOS. The pocket guide is filled with basic survival skills.
- 11.2 ounces
- 14 x 6 x 1.8 inches
- Not designed well
- Survival bracelet fits tight
Gear Aid Tenacious Tape
- Fix rips and holes fast with an ultra-strong, peel-and-stick repair tape that requires no...
- Apply Tenacious Tape to almost anything with its aggressive adhesive that bonds...
- Make a washable repair sealed with this repair tape featuring a waterproof coating that...
Tenacious Tape makes our list of the best camping gear because it can repair tears and holes quickly on synthetic and technical fabrics such as plastic, rubber, nylon, and vinyl. Peel-and-stick technology used in this tape is weatherproof and washable and won’t peel over time. It sticks to tarps, tents, and jackets and stays where you put it no matter what the weather conditions. You can instantly create a tent repair in ripstop nylon that will be barely noticeable. It also comes in a flexible, tough nylon fabric strip for camping gear and jackets.For sleeping pads and inflatables that require heavy-duty repairs, use puncture-resistant Tenacious Tape Flex Patches. If you need to fix your outdoor gear, you can repair it with Tenacious Tape.
- Versatile, can be used on many items
- No heat or sewing required
- Nylon fabric tape available in red, black, and other colors
- Ripstop fabric tape available in gray, green, and clear vinyl
- Not recommended for natural fabrics, cotton, denim, or seams
- Doesn’t hold well
Returns are accepted up to 14 days after purchase.
TOURIT 30-Cans Leak-Proof Soft Pack Cooler
- Advanced Cooling Performance: High quality insulation in 3 unique layers work together to...
- 100% Leakproof and Impact Resistant: TOURIT soft cooler features a waterproof and tough...
- BPA Free: The liner of soft-sided coolers made from BPA free material, superior quality,...
This portable cooler is great for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, tail-gating, beach picnics, the park, and even your own backyard! Innovative design and concepts are used in this product, making it a great addition to our list of the best camping gear. This is a cooler which is unmatched in utility and quality. It is soft-sided and has a three-layer insulation design of BPA-free material. It is FDA approved and prevents heat exchange, keeping drinks and food cool for up to three days.It is 100% waterproof and leakproof, has an airtight and waterproof zipper, and has easy pull tabs for convenience. The tough shell is impact resistant and comes with a removable padded shoulder strap, making it convenient to carry. TOURUT lubricant can be used on the zipper to help it slide more easily as it can be a bit hard to use at first. It fits perfectly in the trunk of your car and offers easy accessibility and loading of beverages.To clean, just wipe it down with a mild soap and warm water, especially before the first use. Clean after every use, especially when used around salt water. To reduce the risk of mildew and mold, let it air-dry with the lid open before storing.
- Main compartment has 2 layers and allows for 3 rows of cans
- Easy to carry with top handles and 2 reinforced side grab-n-go handles
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 11.5 x 13 inches external size, 15 x 9 x 9 inches internal size, weighs 1.9 kg
- Zipper coming apart after 2 months of use
- Poor quality on metal components, rusted
Return within 30 days of purchase.
Therm-a-Rest Ultralite Cot
- Lightest outdoor cot on the market
- Compact design fits easily in the included carry-bag
- Stands up to heavy use
At only two pounds, this is the smallest cot on the market, making it great for backpacking. It was recently redesigned with ThermaCapture to retain body heat. The carry bag and feet have also been upgraded to make it even more compact. Whether you are riding your motorcycle across the country, kayaking, backpacking, or fishing, this is a great option for off-the-ground comfort.
- Can handle heavy use
- Available in regular (24 x 72 inches) or large (26 x 77 inches) sizes
- Lightweight and standard setup
- Easy and fast assembly, no tools needed
- Not good for side sleeping
- Hard to set up
Limited lifetime warranty
Thermacell MR150 Portable Mosquito Repeller
- Large Area of Protection — Lightweight and conveniently sized, the repeller keeps...
- DEET-Free, Scent-Free, Spray-Free —More time can be spent in the great outdoors without...
- Family-Friendly and Easy to Use — Thermacell MR150 Portable Mosquito Repeller is highly...
The Thermacell MR150 creates a 15-foot zone of protection to repel mosquitos. It makes our best camping gear list because it can be taken anywhere and is ideal for hunting, gardening, fishing, camping, or for use in the backyard. It is powered by a Thermacell fuel cartridge that directs heat to a repellent-infused mat. The repellent, Allethrin, is a synthetic version of the naturally occurring repellent found in the chrysanthemum flower.Use on days when there is light to no wind. Allow 10 -15 minutes for a complete zone of protection to form. Thermacell products are effective, safe and come with 100% satisfaction guarantee. Includes 1 reusable Mosquito Repeller, 1 Fuel Cartridge (lasting up to 12 hours), and 3 insect repellent mats (lasts up to 4 hours). Repellent refills sold separately.
- Eliminates messy lotions and sprays
- Odor-free, noise-free, DEET-free, no open flames or smoky candles
- Portable, lightweight, and cordless designDepartment of Defense tested, used by the US Army in Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Iraq
- Available in Realtree Xtra Green, woodlands camo, light gray, olive green, or black
- Endorsed by Parade Magazine, Good Housekeeping Institute, The Today Show, and Field & Stream
- Complaints that it did not work
- Butane cartridge runs out quickly, expensive to replace
Limited 1-year warranty
Intex Prestige Downy Airbed
- Twin-sized inflatable mattress perfect for the rugged outdoors, but also handy around the...
- Soft flocked top provides a luxurious sleeping surface. Age Grading: Adult
- Hand-Held Battery Pump – Operates on 6 “C” Cell Batteries (not included)
This fast-fill portable airbed inflates and deflates quickly. It fits standard sized sheets, and the flocking prevents sheets from slipping. Dimensions are 10 x 4.75 x 14.25 for the twin, 5 x 11 x 15 for the full, and 4.75 x 11.5 x 16.25 for the queen. It is great to bring along when camping but also for extra guests that sleep over at home. It is waterproof and constructed with a 20.8 gauge top, 14-gauge vinyl beams, and 15-gauge bottom and sides for stability. The 3-in-1 valve has an extra-wide opening. Battery-powered, the portable pump uses 6 C-size batteries that are not included.When inflated, it is 8.75 inches off of the floor and has a 300-pound capacity. It folds compactly for storage and comes with a handled box for easy carrying. Spot clean with mild soap and water as needed.
- Convenient sleeping option
- 300-pound weight capacity
- Can only inflate with included pump which is not powerful enough and uses 6-C batteries
- Complaints that bed loses air during night
90-day limited warranty
From camping tents to the latest in technological tools, this list of the best camping gear covers it all. You can create a comfortable camping experience with many of these items from the portable espresso maker to a more serious item like the Ultimate Kit for those going to more hazardous areas for their adventures.
Featured Image: Unsplash
Last update on 2021-09-26 at 19:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API