Rock climbing is understandably one of the most breathtaking activities anyone can engage in. The sights and sounds, as well as the heart-racing feeling, are irreplaceable. But you best be prepared before you even go out to the mountains. One of the most important items to take with you is a pair of rock-climbing boots. However, for people like me with wide feet, that has always been a major issue.
This is why I am reviewing the best rock climbing shoes for wide feet. Since I discovered some of the best products on the market, I have grown to become a major rock-climbing enthusiast. From grabbing on to terrains and giving you the right balance, to provide sufficient room for your feet, these shoes are just the perfect support for you.
After several years of using numerous rock-climbing shoes, I can say I have become very familiar with the different products on the market. I have also spoken to several rock climbers and read several experts’ opinions to come up with this list. If you’re having a hard time with your current shoes because you have wide feet, this review is for you. Let me walk you through the best products on the market.
Things to Consider before buying Rock Climbing Shoes
Before you make that move, here are some important factors you should consider.
Rocks are arguably the toughest terrain to walk on. It is important to wear shoes that are not just equally tough but possess the capacity to last long. The materials used in making a particular product determines how much resistance it would have against wear.
You do not want to go halfway on your adventure and begin to feel pains or unease around your feet. In fact, this is one feature you should not compromise for anything. It has a major role to play in whether or not your rock-climbing adventure will be pleasant or terrible.
Apart from the fact that most rock-climbing shoes have rubber soles, this outsole should be thick or slim.This thickness contributes to the ruggedness and durability of the shoes. It also protects your feet from the toughness of rocks. However, slimmer soles are preferred by experts who need a better feel of the rock.
The fitting has a lot to do with comfort. It would be a major set back if you have rock climbing shoes that are too tight or too much room in it. A perfect fit often equals a perfect climb. It means your shoes will stay rigid and have a good foothold on the ground.
To easily slot your feet into cracks on the rocks, it is best to purchase shoes with a relatively flat profile. This ensures you have the perfect grip and support for a convenient climb.
Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet Review
10. SCARPA Men’s Instinct VS Climbing Shoe
Creatively designed to resist deformation and damage, this men’s climbing shoe gives you great stability when you stand on edges and micro-flakes. The beautiful exterior look on the slipper design gives you a stylish appearance as well.
- Adequately charged bi-tension active randing. This gives you sufficient toe power for the toughest terrains.
- It features a mid-length outsole construction. This provides great stability and climbing balance.
- It is also designed with a floating strap. Providing added power and the enhanced fit is what this is for.
- The forefoot features a Vibram XS edge, which gives it sufficient grip and durability.
- At 1 pounds, it is lightweight. You can move with ease and convenience.
- It allows great grip and gives durability.
- Perfect fit for comfort and stability
- Ease of movement and amazing feel
- Toes slide better into cracks on the rocks
- Power strap also makes it easy to put on and take off
- When they don’t fit, can be really floppy
- Might stretch more than indicated
Getting the right fit on this one is the perfect way to enjoy its awesomeness.
If you want to step up your game, this is just the right pair of rock climbing shoes for you.
09. SCARPA Men’s Helix Climbing Shoe
This is arguably the most popular shoe of the SCARPA brand. It has improved adjustability and an added tongue to give you a better fit. This traditional Italian climbing shoe combines heritage and innovation to bring you a pleasant and adorable pair of shoes. The lace-up and down feature also gives it better protection.
- Flat shoe construction gives it a sleek look and improved comfort.
- The lace feature threads down to the toe. This has led to improved adjustability and fit.
- The shoe possesses a passive ranging. This ensures optimum performance and efficiency.
- The heel cup cushioning is extra light. If you want to climb all day, this provides the comfort you need.
- It also features the Vibram XS edge, in order to enhance durability and incredible grip
- Lightweight for convenience and easy movement
- It is quite durable, especially with the rubber sole
- Tough leather gives it added resistance
- The non-stiff design gives it a nice feeling on the foot
- Great blend of technique and comfort
- You might need to get half size bigger
- The profile is not so slim
The SCARPA Men’s Helix Climbing shoes provide the protection you need with a compromise between technique and comfort, combined with a sleek design. It might just be what you want for a great day out on the rocks
08. SCARPA Men’s Vapor V Climbing Shoe
This awesome blend of comfort and durability is also a beauty to behold. The hippie platform ensures you have just about enough room for your feet, yet holding on tightly for stability. Made of suede and a micro suede midsole, this is built to endure. Apart from climbing, it is also built for hiking and trail running, amongst other things.
- It has a new split sole feature. This gives it added flexibility and convenience
- The Achilles is made with lower tension. This gives you all-day comfort
- The sole is made of rubber, ensuring that it has the durability to desire.
- It also has the Vibram XS Edge. When you talk about an incredible grip, this is the one for you.
- The closure is made with a dual power strap system. You can adjust it the way you want for the right fit.
- The toe area is enforced for maximum strength
- It is comfortable.
- It gives added durability.
- The sole design also gives you added freedom and flexibility.
- It gives a perfect fit.
- Heel cup could be slightly loose.
- Sizes may run too small or large.
It is now clear that the SCARPA Men’s Vapor V Climbing Shoe is a trusted brand when it comes to climbing shoes. This is one such product on their line and it’s always a good buy
07. Butora Acro Wide Fit Climbing Shoe
- DURABLE AND RELIABLE OUTSOLE - Butora's own NEO Fuse sticky rubber; unique heel and rand...
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS - Superior German leather, Nylon 66 stitching and NEO friction...
- CUSTOMIZIBLE STRAP - Internal NFS strap that allows for all day comfort or extreme...
The first thing I noticed about this Butora climbing shoe is its sleek, beautiful exterior. The irregular shape gives you a unique feeling that makes you stand out of the crowd. But that is not all, it also has a thin profile for convenience and gives you a great feel around your feet.
- It is designed to be aggressively down-cambered. This gives it an edge in bouldering and steep sports climbing.
- The upper is made of natural leather and soft synthetic for enhancing performance and comfort.
- The rubber toe patch is large and sticky- helps with secure toe hooking, even in difficult situations.
- High-tensioned heel and empowers the front toe; giving it great edging.
- The brand’s triple-fork hook and the strap are unique. It feels and fits like a slipper.
- Sleek, beautiful exterior design.
- Ergonomically built in the shape of a foot to fit.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Slim profile makes it easy to place feet in cracks.
- It is sturdy and uniquely durable.
- They’re not the widest shoes on the market.
- It could run small, so it’s better to get a ½ larger.
The life of a rock climber is a life of adventure. But you should know that your climbing skills are not enough. For the right pair of shoes to compliment your skills, this is one to consider
06. La Sportiva TC Pro Climbing Shoe
This shoe is the recipient of the Alpinist Mountain Standards Awards. It is designed to help you gain power on your foot to power up when you make a climb. Foam padding is strategically placed for extra comfort and the mid height for malleolus covering during crack climbing. This is a good companion for anyone who desires a good time on the rocks
- It is made with synthetic materials. The elasticity this offers is a good comfort for your foot..
- The featured P3 patented Permanent power platform gives enhanced edging power.
- It is also designed with mid height that covers the malleolus. This gives great support during crack climbing.
- Ultimate technical designs for both big and small walls. This makes it suitable for a variety of rocks
- It is suitable for both men and women.
- You can conquer big walls as well.
- It is durable and smart.
- Provides great protection for your feet.
- Foam padding gives extra comfort.
- Not the cutest shoes on the market.
- It is also not very lightweight.
The emphasis on La Sportiva TC Pro climbing shoe is durability and comfort. This ease and protection make it a good pick any day, anytime. With some other added features, you can never go wrong on this one.
05. La Sportiva Solution Climbing Shoe
The down turned shape of the shoe is an added advantage as it gives more power to the platform. Your toe also has more control and grip on this one, yet protected adequately with a toe platform. A 3D quick lacing system also makes this shoe stand out in a very competitive market.
- It features a molded 3D heel cup, ensuring maximum protection for each foot.
- A Unique fast lacing system is included. This gives you much more stability as your feet stay put all day long.
- The downturn shape of the shoe is retained by a P3 permanent power platform for added comfort and enhanced action.
- Each pair is made with a unique marbling. This gives the shoe extra strength.
- It weighs 1.8 pounds; heavy enough for stability.
- The shoes are sturdy.
- They are very comfortable.
- Feet are held comfortably with the fast lacing system.
- Gives maximum protection
- You should pick a size carefully.
- Many users say the strap nylon causes discomfort.
This is another amazing product by an awesome brand. It is a perfect solution for many rock climbers who have wide feet and has been for a while. You should give it a try.
04. La Sportiva Unisex Tarantula Beginner Rock Climbing Shoe
- A major upgrade to Evolv's all time best selling shoe
- Improved fit
- New upper material, Synthratek VX, for a soft feel and secure fit
Easy on and off straps for convenience, as well as an attractive look, makes this one a competitive brand on the market. Plus, you don’t even have to lose your style to feel protected.
- Comes with easy on and off straps for convenience and comfort
- It features adjustable closure. This means you spend less time gearing up
- An amazing grip is ensured by Sticky FriXion rubber grips. This gives extra safety to beginners too
- Features an unlined leather upper. This makes it breathable.
- Enhanced safety.
- Breathable upper for airflow.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- It is durable.
- Not the most lightweight rock climbing shoes
Every form of frustration you have experienced due to bad shoes will be erased by this amazing solution to your foot gear crisis.
03. Mad Rock Men’s Flash 2.0 Climbing Shoe
- Padded Ankle Cuff
- Sticky 3D molded heel cup
The Mad Rock Flash 2.0 combines an amazing traditional upper with modern Synflex for protection And comfort. It is not your regular rock climbing shoe, as this one gives you great support. It also maximizes friction with great features.
- Made of rubber and leather. This is for strength and durability.
- It also features a polycarbonate midsole. This ensures a consistent flex.
- The shoe also features shock gel to reduce the impact on the feet.
- Combines leather upper with Synflex. This gives the combination of a great fit and enhanced performance.
- Enhanced performance
- Great fit
- Protects the foot from impact force
- It is flexible
- checkIt is also durable
- Would feel better if they come larger.
- Not the most durable shoes on the market.
Traditional performance and modern style combine on this one to give you a good blend of protection and comfort.
02. La Sportiva Miura VS Climbing Shoe
- P3 patented technology for a down-turned performance fit for slicing and dicing where...
- Patented S-Heel construction provides optimal heel hooking maneuverability and the perfect...
- Differentiated lacing between front and rear for the perfect dialed-in fit
This is another amazing model from the La Sportiva brand. Features like the hook and loop make it extremely easy for you to get in and out of them without any hassle. Sticky leather outsole also helps maintain a good hold of the rock as you climb.
- Under the foot is unlined. This enhances the sensitivity of the shoe on different surfaces.
- The synthetic-laced one-piece leather upper is another feature. Stretch is better controlled with this feature.
- It features a 4mm Vibram XS Edge rubber outsole. The outsole is sticky for an enhanced hold on rocks.
- Hook and loop closure system included. It is easy to put on and take off.
- Ease and convenience
- Perfect hold on the rocks.
- Enhanced sensitivity.
- Stretchy upper for flexibility
- There have been complaints about ripped off straps.
- Sizes may also not come perfect.
This is, perhaps, one of the most budget-friendly rock climbing shoes you will find on the market. You don’t need to settle for less anymore.
01. Five Ten Men’s Team 5.10 Climbing Shoe
- Ultra-thin STEALTH HF rubber
- Increased elasticity of the entry, so that the shoe slides on for a performance fit
- Closure: Velcro Brand Strap/ Elastic
This is nicknamed the brand for the brave. You can only find out why if you take a step. Produced by the Redlands, known for their insistence on quality and trademark style. They have been in the business for over 3 decades, producing cutting-edge designs for athletes and rock climbers.
- The closure is made with elastic Velcro brand strap. On and off ease guaranteed
- It features Ultra-thin STEALTH HF rubber. Suitable for that blend of fit and protection.
- The shoe also features a medium stiff midsole. This gives sufficient foot support.
- The entry is laced with improved elasticity so that it fits perfectly.
- It is multi purpose
- It is also flexible.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Most of it is made in the United States.
- They sometimes come smaller
- Might not give much internal freedom
If you desire a brand with long-term pedigree and topmost durability, this is certainly the one for you.
Your big feet should no longer stop you. If you want the best kind of adventure, you know what you have to do. You will rock with any of these products every time you go rock climbing. Depending on your preference, you can pick any one of these best rock climbing shoes and have the best gear you can have for rock climbing.
Last update on 2021-09-26 at 18:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API