If you have found a pair of road running shoes that work for your daily and long distance trail runs, then good for you! But, for the rest of us, we could all use a pair of durable trail running shoes for getting us over the hills and across varying terrains. Lucky for us, the experts at the leading shoe brands have drastically improved the overall performance of their trail running shoes over the past few years, and with that, we could put our trust (and feet) in their hands with confidence. In the following guide, we reviewed 10 of the best trail running shoes that you can buy today. Read on to find out our top pick! You’ll thank us later.
Best Trail Running Shoes: Product FAQ
1. What Are Trail Running Shoes?
Trail running shoes are specialty footwear for running off-road.
2. What Do Trail Running Shoes Do?
Trail running shoes provide protection for the runner’s feet and sufficient traction and grip for tackling off-road conditions.
3. How Do Trail Running Shoes Work?
Generally, trail running shoes feature a more rugged outsole than regular road running shoes. The lugs on the outsole are designed for grip and traction, so the runner does not slip and fall. In addition, trail running shoes also feature a more cushioned midsole for better shock absorption and to provide the runner with a softer landing. Depending on the model, some trail running shoes even feature waterproof lining, such as Gore-Tex, to keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
4. Where Can You Buy Trail Running Shoes?
You can buy trail running shoes at your local footwear and sporting goods store or online at Amazon.com.
How We Reviewed
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: Features, Pros & Cons, Price, and Where to Buy. We were mainly concerned about the shoe’s sizing, breathability, mid-foot support, arch support, traction, grip, and finally, durability.
Overall Price Range of This Product (and Similar Products)
Trail running shoes range in price from around $40 to $430. Some trail running shoes cost more because they feature a more rugged outsole, are made with Vibram soles, are more lightweight, or are coated with GORE-Tex waterproof technology.
What We Reviewed
- Salomon Women’s Speedcross 4
- ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes
- Arc’teryx Norvan VT GTX Trail Running Shoe
- New Balance Women’s Leadville V3 Trail Running Shoe
- Altra AFM1859F Men’s Olympus 3 Trail Running Shoe
- Merrell Men’s Trail Glove 4 Runner
- adidas Performance Men’s Thrasher 1.1 M Trail Running Shoe
- The North Face Ultra Endurance Running Shoe
- New Balance Men’s MT10V1 Minimus Trail Running Shoe
- La Sportiva Bushido Running Shoe
- The fourth generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is an even hungrier monster...
- Feel one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, performance...
- Just enough to provide protection for technical trail running; Features mid feather upper...
The first product on our list of the best trail running shoes is Salomon Women’s Speedcross 4. Made with 100% textile and synthetic materials, these sturdy shoes are the fourth generation of Salomon’s Speedcross family. Featuring a rugged lug pattern, these shoes are designed for tackling soft and technical trails. Combining Sensifit technology with Quicklace, these shoes offer convenient lacing and performance that lasts. Finally, these shoes feature a protective mid-foot construction to keep your feet cushioned on hard surface terrains. Each pair comes with Salomon’s 2-year limited warranty.
- Comfortable right out of the box
- Great for plantar fasciitis
- Rugged sole for excellent traction and grip
- Some users don’t like the lacing system
- Some users find the shoes to be too narrow
- Some users find the shoes to be too stiff
[amazon link=”B071LK4FLC” title=”
Last update on 2021-09-26 at 19:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API